1. Start with the muse. Watch her in process- before the event and during. What’s her essence? What does she portray?
2. Have a source photo as the muse will not have time to sit (as she is hosting the event!):
3. Spend about 30 minutes painting (I call it drawing as I use oil pastel sticks and my fingers on canvas drenched in linseed oil). No pre-planning. Just do it:
4. Take the wet piece home and sit with it for about a day.
5. Spend 15 minutes finalizing. Only that. Let it go. Let it be honest, not realistic. Don’t worry about it.
6. Do a photo shoot with the muses and their respective portraits. (STAY TUNED!)
7. Send portrait off to its new home in California!