STUDY FIVE 20th CENTURY MASTERS THROUGH YOUR OWN SELF PORTRAITS OVER 5 WEEKS.
Each week, we study a featured artist and then paint a portrait of ourselves in that style!
Hands-on instruction by Katarina Thorsen, art therapist and visual artist.
No previous experience necessary!
• 3 hours (2-5 PM) every Sunday for 5 weeks
• Jan 9, 16, 23, 30, Feb 6, 2011
• 5 three-hour lessons $450. Each lesson includes all supplies including canvas, paint, brushes, smock, handouts, background on featured artist.
• Last class will include a grad ceremony and exhibit of all the paintings by the students!
• For 19+ years old.
RAW CANVAS lounge/art studio in Yaletown Vancouver (1046 Hamilton)! As we spend the afternoon painting, studying, discussing and laughing we are serenaded by live jazz music.
1. Amedeo Modigliani (1884-1920)
2. Frida Kahlo (1907-1954)
3. Pablo Picasso (1881-1973)
4. Jean Michel Basquiat (1960-1988)
5. Kerry James Marshall (1955- )
FOR MORE INFORMATION OR TO REGISTER:
• Contact: Katarina Thorsen at Email