I love that all I am doing in my art and career feeds the graphic novel, even if I’m not working on pages in the book per se.
When I am working with my Dad on our book, I am learning the ropes in independent publishing and utilizing the plan for the book with Dad laid out by Julie Salisbury to organize the way I present Molly. Julie has an extraordinary ability to see the complete project and I will be using her teachings to organize the next steps. Her Mastermind weekend intensive infused me with such clarity and confidence.
We start at the end– visualize what the book will look like. Judge the book by it’s cover.
Truly liberating to allow the creative process to sustain itself. Everything feeds everything else!
- “START AT THE END”
- PLAN THE BACK COVER AND TITLE
- MIND MAP THE ENTIRE STORY
- INCITING INCIDENT
- PLOT WHAT GOES INTO EACH CHAPTER
- BOOK PROPOSAL/PRESENTATION
- MARKETING CHECKLIST/ BUSINESS PLAN
- FOREWORD/ TESTIMONIALS/ AUTHOR’s BIO
- BOOK LAUNCH: proposed date January 15, 2013
- BOOK LAUNCH EVENT