Recall I am developing the following project:
CURRICULUM DEVELOPMENT SERIES 1:
THE @BY POSTSTREET
for youth groups, schools and community organizations
in partnership with OPERATION SOCK MONKEY
I am pleased that things are moving forward as intended! Phase 1 is on track regarding community outreach and awareness. I have confirmed that I am implementing a pilot project in the Fall in at least one local high school. During the summer, I will be meeting with 7 local young women to work on the curriculum and product as well as discussing their participation as peer supporters in the pilot project.
The pilot project will consist of 10 sessions, at the end of which the participants will have created at least one sock monkey each as well as a group business plan based on Jennifer Lee’s Right Brain Business Plan. The business plan creation will allow the students to learn life skills and entrepreneurship skills in a creative and fun and project-based way and the business plan will be displayed in a celebration event. The process will demystify the language around business and will garner the students valuable learning experiences around social media and online marketing. The pilot project will allow me to develop the ultimate workbook/workshop series and allow me to document and evaluate the program.
PILOT PROJECT FALL 2014
Each session includes: journaling, mind-mapping, drawing, product (sock monkey) making, business plan development, debriefing, independent and group work.
Each session addresses various life skills and employment skills while using a project based learning model
Outcome: At least 1 sock monkey per student, business plan (group project), resume update, website launch, photo and video documentation, exhibit
- SESSION 1 The Big Picture- the mission and the mantra
- SESSION 2 Visions and Values- what do we stand for
- SESSION 3 The Marketplace- where does our business fit in?
- SESSION 4 Marketing- social media, blogging, connect with customers
- SESSION 5 The Financials- budgeting, planning, projections
- SESSION 6 The Team- mentors and support
- SESSION 7 Action Steps- goals and strategies
- SESSION 8 Momentum- operations, resume building, implementation
- SESSION 9 The Business Plan- the group creative vision
- SESSION 10 Celebration- unveiling, exhibiting, debriefing
Topics covered will include:
What is the project?
What is an entrepreneur?
Student engagement through the arts
Career development model for all creative fields
Role of social media in marketing
Micro-industry and sustainability
Local and global impact
For more info on Phases 1-5 go to:
Re: Phase 1, I still need to raise funds to build the program, gather supplies, work with my summer team and to become a licensed RIGHT BRAIN BUSINESS PLAN facilitator.
I am funding the development of Phase 1 through my arts and crafts sales and through donations. I am extremely grateful for the support so far! Your name is added to the donor list with each purchase/donation.
Here are various ways you can help:
2. PORTRAIT PURCHASE: sale runs until June 30, 2014
3. PURCHASE CRAFTS ON MY ETSY SITE:
4. I’ll be announcing more fun stuff soon!!!